The French Football Federation recently announced that the France-Gibraltar match, counting towards the Euro 2024 qualifiers, will take place at the Allianz Riviera in Nice on November 18, 2023, at 8:45 PM.
This decision confirms Nice’s position as a premier sports destination.
Nice, a land of football
The selection of Nice to host this international match further reinforces the city’s position as a privileged venue for football. Since the inauguration of the Allianz Riviera in 2013, numerous high-level matches have taken place in this stadium.
Prestigious international matches, such as France vs. Paraguay in 2014, France vs. Armenia in 2015, France vs. Italy in 2018, and France vs. Wales in 2021, have already taken place in this venue.
Nice has also been chosen to host major events such as Euro 2016 and the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2019. Furthermore, it is preparing to host the Paris Olympic Games in 2024, where the Allianz Riviera stadium will host six matches, including a match featuring the French national team. This series of prestigious events testifies to Nice’s excellence in hosting major sporting competitions.
Recognition of Nice’s expertise
The selection of Nice for this match between France and Gibraltar is a recognition of the city’s expertise in organizing sports events. Nice has demonstrated its professionalism and ability to host top-level competitions.
In 2023, the city is hosting international sporting events such as the Hopman Cup, the IRONMAN World Championships, and the Rugby World Cup. These successes have demonstrated Nice’s ability to organize large-scale events and provide optimal conditions for athletes and spectators.
Nice, a conducive place for sporting excellence
Nice has all the necessary assets to attract international sporting events. Its pleasant Mediterranean climate, modern facilities, and passion for sports make it a preferred destination.
The Allianz Riviera, with its top-notch infrastructure, provides an exceptional experience for players and spectators alike. The commitment of local authorities has also played a key role in the success of Nice as a host city for major sporting events.
Hosting the France-Gibraltar match in Nice for the Euro 2024 qualifications confirms the city’s position as a premier sports destination. Nice continues to strengthen its reputation as a place conducive to sporting excellence and reaffirms its competence in hosting high-level competitions.
This series of prestigious events confirms Nice’s status as a top destination for internationally renowned sporting competitions.
Events – Nice Côte d’Azur France
- Matisse Exhibition in Tokyo: A Pivotal Artistic Event
- Nice at the Heart of Ocean Preservation with the Preparation of the “One Ocean Science Congress”
- Giant Open Series in Nice from March 17 to 20
- LFL Days in Nice on February 7 and 8, 2024
- Carnival of Nice 2024: A Space Dedicated to Businesses
- Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis: An exceptional place for organizing professional events
- AI for Finance 2023: Invest in Côte d’Azur represents the Métropole Nice Côte d’Azur
- The Côte d’Azur a center of excellence for autonomous vehicles
- Nice: A must-visit destination for the global sports community
- Seafood and Fishing Summit: September 21st and 22nd in Nice