This summer, Nice adorns itself with vibrant colors and daring geometric shapes.
From June to late October (extended beyond September 2023), contemporary artist Richard Orlinski, known for his spectacular pop-art works, invades the city streets with his life-sized bestiary.
In collaboration with the City of Nice, ten of the artist’s works are installed in symbolic locations throughout Nice for an open-air exhibition, accessible to everyone, day and night.
Here is a map of the locations where you can discover Richard Orlinski’s artworks in Nice:
- Near the Hôtel Negresco
- Gare du Sud
- Next to the Cathédrale Notre Dame
- Place Masséna
- Coulée verte (Square Leclerc)
- Coulée verte(Place Toja)
- Quai des États Unis (Ponchettes)
- Roba Capeu à proximité de #ilovenice
- Parc Cimiez
- Place île de Beauté on the Port of Nice
After establishing his foundry workshops, opening his first Concept Store, and now this monumental open-air exhibition, the visual artist is strengthening his ties with the City of Nice, which he has always held a special affection for since his childhood.
The monumental sculptures by Orlinski, including the famous Kong, Standing Bear, T-Rex, and Crocodile, transform the city into an open-air museum. These artworks, visible in all lights, offer a striking artistic panorama to passersby, inviting them to embark on a unique artistic journey through the streets of Nice.
Culture & Heritage in Nice Côte d’Azur
- Nice, a haven for cinema, marks a record-breaking year in 2023
- Nice Airport Train Station, Europe’s First Bioclimatic Station
- National Recognition for Nice’s Environmental Policy
- The construction of a new eco-district in Nice Ecovallée will begin in 2024 in La Gaude
- The summer traffic at Nice Côte d’Azur Airport shows a performance equivalent to 2019 with a reduction in aircraft movements.
- Volotea: A record year in 2023 at Nice Côte d’Azur Airport
- The Observ’Alp project enhances cross-border cooperation under the auspices of the European Alcotra program
- Nice ranks first among the greenest cities in France