Qatar Airways has resumed its direct link between Nice and Doha. Its first flight in three years took place on May 9, 2023. The airline now offers four weekly flights, departing on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from theNice Côte d’Azur Airport departing at 4:00 PM and arriving in Doha at 10:45 PM (local time) on the outbound leg, and departing Doha at 8:30 AM and arriving in Nice at 1:20 PM on the return leg (local time).
The first flight was operated on a more efficient Boeing 787-8 aircraft, consuming 20% less fuel and emitting 20% less CO2 than the previous generation of planes. It can accommodate 254 passengers, including 22 in business class and 232 in economy class.
The passengers on the inaugural flight were welcomed upon arrival by Eric Odone, VP Sales Europe at Qatar Airways, and Franck Goldnadel, President of the Executive Board of Côte d’Azur Airports.
Eric Odone, VP Sales Europe at Qatar Airways, said that the airline was “delighted to strengthen its commitment to France and resume its historic connection between Doha and Nice.” He also added that Qatar Airways was celebrating the Monaco Grand Prix as an official sponsor of Formula 1, “offering Formula 1 fans from around the world the opportunity to travel to this world-class event on the flights of the world’s best airline.”
Franck Goldnadel, President of the Executive Board of Côte d’Azur Airports, stated that “It is with great pleasure that we resume the Nice-Doha connection this year and we warmly thank Qatar Airways for its trust. This route reflects our ambition to offer high-quality tourism to our region while providing a direct connection to the world’s major tourist destinations for all the inhabitants of the Côte d’Azur.”
Qatar Airways is currently offering a 15% launch discount on flights from Nice to Doha and via Doha to Bali, Bangkok, Jakarta, Colombo, Tokyo, Dubai, Cape Town, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Singapore, and Johannesburg. This offer is valid until May 15, 2023 for bookings in economy class and business class.
The connection with the French Riviera, as well as the recently announced launches of Lyon and Toulouse, solidify Qatar Airways’ position as the leading Gulf carrier in France in terms of destinations.
Qatar Airways was named “Airline of the Year” for the seventh time at the 2022 World Airline Awards by Skytrax. The airline currently serves over 160 destinations worldwide through its hub in Doha, Hamad International Airport, which was named “Best Airport in the World” in 2021 and 2022 consecutively.
International – Nice Côte d’Azur France
- Nice Jazz Festival 2023: Become a Patron or Sponsor to Amplify Your Visibility and Commitment to Culture
- Cross-border cooperation between the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis and the Province of Imperia.
- Virbac Spain: 40 years of commitment to animal health
- Business Landing Nice Côte d’Azur: Support for business set up in France
- Grande Fabrique de l’Image: The studios of La Victorine and Isart Digital awarded winners on the French Riviera
- Delta has relaunched the Nice-Atlanta route since May 13th
- Qatar Airways restores its direct connection between Nice and Doha
- Air Canada is reopening the seasonal connection between Nice and Montreal in 2023.
- Invest in Côte d’Azur will represent the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis at the international trade fair E-world Energy & Water Essen 2023
- Nice is celebrating Europe Day