The city of Nice announced that it has selected Yego as the replacement for the current operator of shared electric scooter rentals, whose service ended on March 31, 2023.
The Spanish company, founded by young French entrepreneurs, is present in several cities in France, such as Paris, Toulouse, and Bordeaux.
Yego will ultimately offer a fleet of 700 electric scooters in Nice, assembled in France by Pink Mobility.
The scooters have a range of 100 km and are equipped with innovative technologies, including a coupled braking system and an inertial unit to detect falls, providing users with a safer and more enjoyable riding experience.
Yego was chosen by the city of Nice due to its strong commitment to fighting against anarchic parking, a major problem for shared scooter operators.
Thus, the company has implemented an innovative device to encourage users to respect parking rules, requiring them to take a photo certifying that they have left the scooter in an authorized spot. This will ensure a high-quality service for users while preserving public order.
Yego plans to launch its electric scooter rental service in Nice from the beginning of summer 2023.
This new fleet of electric scooters will meet the increasing demand for more environmentally-friendly and practical mobility solutions for both residents and visitors of the city.
Cleantech Nice Côte d’Azur
- Business Landing Nice Côte d’Azur: Support for business set up in France
- Nice: Teebike wins a silver medal at the Lépine competition for its bike electrification solution
- VivaTech 2023: Startups from the SUD region in the spotlight
- Invest in Côte d’Azur will represent the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis at the international trade fair E-world Energy & Water Essen 2023
- Sustainable mobility: Invest in Côte d’Azur participates in EVER Monaco
- Nice Ville Verte Fund: Promoting Corporate Engagement in the Ongoing Greening of the City of Nice
- CAPENERGIES and the Cinov PACA Corse Federation strengthen their collaboration for decarbonization
- Haliotis 2 station in Nice, the largest wastewater treatment project in France.
- Bpifrance Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur supported 5,426 companies in 2022
- Team Nice Côte d’Azur will participate in the EU Startups Summit 2023