The City of Nice is celebrating Europe Day from Tuesday, May 9th to Saturday, May 14th, 2023.
Since October 1st, 2021, Nice has been hosting the Centre Europe Direct Nice Côte d’Azur, which is the information center supported by the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis and certified by the European Commission.
Its mission is to inform and raise awareness among citizens, civil society, and local mayors about the European Union, its functioning, its actions, and its financing.
Since its creation, the Centre Europe Direct Nice Côte d’Azur and the City of Nice have met thousands of Niçois and residents of the territory. More than just a place, it is a whole dynamic that has been initiated to promote the vitality of Europe in our territory.
Events associated with Europe Day in Nice include:
Nice Europe Day, the Village of Europe, cinema, the solidarity restaurant, meetings with the public, the escape game, and “When Grandpa and Grandma Tell About Europe” are just some of the events that will be organized during this celebration.
Nice Europe Day, the Village of Europe, is a family-friendly and festive event that brought together more than 7,000 people during its first edition in 2022. This year, it will take place on Saturday, May 13th at the Jardin Albert 1er and the Théâtre de Verdure. The event will feature an institutional space with information booths on the concrete actions of the European Union in the territory. Two round-table discussions will be held to discuss current European affairs. Finally, the Nice Europe Day Concert will start at 7pm with three concerts featuring local artists: Le Môme, Ninety’s Story, and Linh.
Cinema is also highlighted during this celebration of Europe. As part of the LUX Audience Award, awarded by the European Parliament, five films will be screened for free during this week-long celebration. Debates will follow some of the screenings.
On May 11th at 7pm, the Europe Direct Centre Nice Côte d’Azur will host a quiz on Europe at the solidarity restaurant of FACE06.
In addition to the events mentioned above, the City of Nice is also organizing meetings with the public to raise awareness among citizens about European values.
- Several primary schools in Nice will receive table sets featuring European colors.
- On May 15th at 1:30pm, students in CM1, CM2, and 6th grade from Institut Stanislas will meet with Magali Altounian and Célia Ferrari, a European official, to discuss Europe.
- The high school students of Magnan High School will also be invited to a meeting on opening up to Europe and the international community.
- Beneficiaries of the Social Center of Moulins are also invited to a meeting on May 17th at 2pm with Magali Altounian and Jennifer Salles-Barbosa.
- City of Nice, Métropole Nice Côte d’Azur, and CCAS employees will also be able to exchange ideas on the theme of cinema and Europe during an after-work event on May 9th at 6pm, in the presence of Magali Altounian and Françoise Monier.
- Escape Game on Tuesday, May 9th at the Centre Europe Direct Nice Côte d’Azur
- “When Grandpa and Grandma Talk about Europe” on Thursday, May 11th at the Louis Nucéra Library.
International – Nice Côte d’Azur France
- Nice Airport Train Station, Europe’s First Bioclimatic Station
- Blue Economy and Maritime Economy: Team Nice Côte d’Azur to Represent Métropole Nice Côte d’Azur at Three Professional Events
- Blue Economy: SeaZen Develops Sustainable Sailing from the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis
- Successful Funding Round for OGHJI: €1.2M Raised from Key Players
- Flex-O Nice Airport: a development driven by innovation and local demand
- €5.1M Fundraising for Nice-based Cleantech Qualisteo
- The construction of a new eco-district in Nice Ecovallée will begin in 2024 in La Gaude
- The summer traffic at Nice Côte d’Azur Airport shows a performance equivalent to 2019 with a reduction in aircraft movements.
- Invest in Côte d’Azur will represent the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis at Innopolis 2023
- Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis Acceleration Program: 12 winning companies.