The Nice Carnival is a major event in Nice. Every year, it attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors and generates significant economic benefits for the city and its surroundings.
The 2023 edition of the Carnival, which took place from February 10th to February 26th, recorded record attendance rates with over 200,000 spectators and 30 million euros in economic impact for the city.
An undeniable success for this record edition which notably brought together 28,000 spectators for the burning of the King and the fireworks display.
This flagship event is also a great opportunity for the local economy.
Hotels, restaurants, shops, and transportation benefited from exceptional attendance, allowing for the creation of over 1,400 seasonal jobs.
Throughout this 150th anniversary of the Nice Carnival, the hotel occupancy rate in the city reached 63% (+2 points compared to 2022), with a peak of 83% on Saturday, February 18th.
Local economic actors thus benefited from a strong influx of tourists, coming from all over France and abroad, to attend parades, exhibitions, concerts, and shows.
On the cultural side, Villa Masséna saw its average annual attendance doubled thanks to an exhibition dedicated to the costumes of the Rio Carnival.
The themes for the next two editions of the Carnival were announced during the Ceremony of thanks to the actors of the 2023 Carnival on March 2nd.
The themes for the next two editions of the Carnival were announced during the ceremony of thanks to the actors of the 2023 Carnival on March 2. The 2024 edition (from February 17 to March 3) will be themed ‘The King of Pop Culture’ and in 2025, the year Nice will host the United Nations Conference on the Oceans, the theme will be ‘The King of Seas and Oceans’.”
Thus, for 150 years, the Nice Carnival has confirmed its status as an essential event with a strong economic impact.
Events – Tourism Nice Côte d’Azur
- National Recognition for Nice’s Environmental Policy
- Qiti harnesses AI to better secure international travelers
- EasyJet connects Morocco’s capital to Nice
- Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis Acceleration Program: 12 winning companies.
- Retail Tender Announcement for Nice Côte d’Azur Airport
- AI for Finance 2023: Invest in Côte d’Azur represents the Métropole Nice Côte d’Azur
- The Côte d’Azur a center of excellence for autonomous vehicles
- Volotea: A record year in 2023 at Nice Côte d’Azur Airport
- American Airlines: daily direct flight between Nice and Philadelphia in 2024
- Business Landing Nice Côte d’Azur: Support for business set up in France