Capenergies Cluster expresses its gratitude to Jacques VAYRON, who served as its President from 2019 until March 31, 2023, during a challenging period marked by the pandemic-related lockdown, economic recovery plan, 2022 energy crisis, France 2030 initiative, and major shifts in European and French energy policies.
His commitment was finally reflected in the renewal of the cluster’s label by the government for the period of 2023-2026.
Biography of Christophe BOURMAUD
Rear Admiral (2S) Christophe BOURMAUD is a former student of the Ecole Navale Interne.
During the first part of his career from 1996 to 2005, he served on board ballistic missile nuclear submarines and completed six operational patrols, totaling over 10,000 hours of diving.
In 2005, he was appointed Director of Education at the “Ecole des applications militaires de l’énergie atomique”. In this role, he was responsible for the training of engineers and technicians.
In 2008, he took over as Head of the “Risk Management and Environment” Division of the Mediterranean Maritime Prefect, where he commanded the zone and the Mediterranean maritime district. In this position, he led the command post in the event of nuclear and industrial crises.
In 2015, he was appointed “Submarines” mission officer to the Central Director of the Fleet Support Service. In this role, he was responsible for ensuring the technical availability of nuclear submarines.
He was appointed Deputy Director of the Technical Mixed Service of Nuclear Propulsion Boilers (STXN) in Paris in 2015. In this role, he managed and provided technical coordination for CEA, DGA, and Navy engineers for the design and operation of onboard nuclear reactors. He was also responsible for the secretariat of the governance bodies for nuclear propulsion.
In September 2019, he took command of the Toulon Naval Base. In this role, he coordinated the industrial, nuclear, logistics, and operational activities of the base, which was undergoing significant renovations to its port infrastructure.
Christophe BOURMAUD is a Knight of the Legion of Honor and an Officer of the National Order of Merit.
Since April 1, 2023, he has been directing the CEA Cadarache center. As such, he becomes the President of Capenergies Competitiveness Cluster.
Cleantech Nice Côte d’Azur
- Successful Funding Round for OGHJI: €1.2M Raised from Key Players
- €5.1M Fundraising for Nice-based Cleantech Qualisteo
- Invest in Côte d’Azur will represent the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis at Innopolis 2023
- Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis Acceleration Program: 12 winning companies.
- Eco-friendly Yachting: Nice-based Whisper Yachts revolutionizes the yachting market
- Business Landing Nice Côte d’Azur: Support for business set up in France
- Seafood and Fishing Summit: September 21st and 22nd in Nice
- Entrepreneurship in Research Prize 2023
- Blue Innovation Challenge: Supporting Innovation in Marine Space Protection
- Nice ranks first among the greenest cities in France