Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis and the CCI Nice Côte d’Azur are strengthening their collaboration to host the United Nations Conference on the Oceans.
“The 3rd United Nations Conference on the Oceans, UNOC 2025, which will bring together nearly 120 heads of state and government and over 20,000 representatives, will be held at the Port of Nice in June 2025.
The organization of this summit involves the creation of a Public Interest Group (GIP) between France, the UN, Costa Rica, and the City of Nice for the development of necessary infrastructure at the Port of Nice.
The Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis, owner of the Port, and the Nice Côte d’Azur Chamber of Commerce and Industry, current concessionaire, in the continuity of a trusted partnership around the economic development of the region, support for businesses, education, and vocational training, have reached an agreement aimed at enabling optimal organization of the Ocean Summit, while widely mobilizing stakeholders in the region.
This collaboration will enable the establishment of two major venues to host international-scale events.
“To the west of Nice: the Exhibition Park within the current MIN Fleurs hall, with a capacity 30% higher than the current Exhibition Palace. It will be built without soil sealing.
“To the east of Nice: a permanent structure of around 10,000 m² on the Quai Amiral Infernet of the Port of Nice, designed to host the Ocean Summit and future conferences It will be equipped with a plenary hall with more than 1,200 amphitheater-style seats and adjoining meeting rooms, increasing the total capacity to 1,500 seats. “The financial realization of this structure will be integrated into the organization of the Summit, of which 90% of the costs will be covered by the United Nations, France, and Costa Rica.
This second structure will be maintained after the Summit, allowing for future conferences to be hosted.
In parallel, the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis and the CCI Nice Côte d’Azur will work on a new port strategy with the direct management of the Port of Nice from July 1, 2023, ensuring continuity for employees and users.
Finally, the training and apprenticeship policy in the region will be strengthened through the project to expand the Campus Sud des Métiers, which already has 95 training programs and 1500 partner companies, supported by the Métropole Nice Côte d’Azur on land-related issues related to this expansion.
International News Nice Côte d’Azur
- Nice Jazz Festival 2023: Become a Patron or Sponsor to Amplify Your Visibility and Commitment to Culture
- Cross-border cooperation between the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis and the Province of Imperia.
- Virbac Spain: 40 years of commitment to animal health
- Business Landing Nice Côte d’Azur: Support for business set up in France
- Grande Fabrique de l’Image: The studios of La Victorine and Isart Digital awarded winners on the French Riviera
- Delta has relaunched the Nice-Atlanta route since May 13th
- Qatar Airways restores its direct connection between Nice and Doha
- Air Canada is reopening the seasonal connection between Nice and Montreal in 2023.
- Invest in Côte d’Azur will represent the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis at the international trade fair E-world Energy & Water Essen 2023
- Nice is celebrating Europe Day