ExAdEx-Innov, a biotechnology company based in Nice within the bio-incubator of the Institute of Biology Valrose (IBV), is developing a revolutionary technology to explore the potential therapeutic properties of human adipose tissue.
ExAdEx Innov: addressing a major public health challenge
Metabolic diseases associated with obesity affect nearly one billion people worldwide, a number that is expected to double by 2040.
Many companies are working on developing new molecules and therapies targeting adipose tissue and metabolic diseases, but current molecules are not always effective in the long term and may not be suitable for all patients.
Brown fat, present in healthy individuals, produces hormones that regulate metabolism and prevent metabolic diseases. Studies on preclinical models have shown that the transplantation of brown fat can help prevent these diseases in obese subjects.
A world first
To address these challenges, the Nice-based biotech ExAdEx-Innov has developed a patented technology to produce human brown fat in the laboratory, a world first.
This unique innovation allows ExAdEx-Innov to preserve human fat long enough to produce therapeutically relevant brown fat.
ExAdEx-Innov is currently in the preclinical phase, working to make this brown fat a viable curative solution for millions of patients suffering from metabolic diseases associated with obesity.
The patented technology, named ObAdEx, overcomes obstacles to the development of a biologic product based on the innate properties of human adipose tissue to regulate metabolism.
ExAdEx-Innov is currently conducting a fundraising campaign to accelerate the development of this innovative biologic therapy.
This technology also allows ExAdEx-Innov to develop the first ex vivo human adipose tissue R&D platform capable of reproducing the clinical context and optimizing preclinical testing on relevant physiological and pathological tissue models. This platform is currently being offered to innovative companies in the cosmetics sector.
ExAdEx-Innov is supported by researchers, clinicians, and key opiniions leaders who have extensive expertise in human adipose tissue biology and cell therapy applications.
The company has just joined the Réseau Entreprendre Côte d’Azur to develop its project under the best conditions.
Healthtech News Nice Côte d’Azur
- Nice: Inauguration of the new Oral Medicine Institute at the Nice University Hospital (CHU de Nice)
- Nice: Biotech ExAdex-Innov explores the therapeutic potential of human adipose tissue
- Bewellthy-Bewellconnect sets up in Nice
- AlgenScribe settles in Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis
- Business Landing Nice Côte d’Azur France: Support for business set up
- Roca Therapeutics completes seed funding round
- The FrenchTech Côte d’Azur candidates from Digital inPulse
- Truffle Capital is opening an office in Nice (France) and inaugurating Caranx Medical’s laboratories
- Côte d’Azur BioTech : InnoSkel Launches with €20 Million Series A Financing
- Testimonials from Life Sciences companies