SpacePharma is a deeptech recently established in Sophia Antipolis.
The company, which specializes in the development of research and production laboratories in orbit, actively participates in the organization of the first international conference “Health From Space” from February 15 to 17, 2023 in Cannes.
This first ‘HEALTH FROM SPACE’ conference is organized under the sponsorship of the EUROBIOMED and SAFECLUSTER Poles of Excellence.
A high level event with participation of biopharma and space companies CEOs as well worldwide experts in life sciences, health, and space.
The benefits of microgravity for the biopharma industry
The potential scientific, technological, and commercial benefits of microgravity research, development and manufacturing in space are considerable especially in the life sciences and health sector and will revolutionize traditional Earth-bound development and processing methods for the whole sector.
The resulting number of applications is expected to increase dramatically, since the pharmaceutical, cosmetics, medical and biotechnology domain, and industries are major participants in the frame of the commercialization of space.
The new space platforms and private stations planned to be launched from all over the world and especially from the United States and Europe, as well as new miniaturized laboratories will provide researchers with exceptional opportunities to conduct experiments in a disruptive microgravity environment that meets scientific principal standards. And they might revolutionize the life sciences and health care research and industry.
This conference will thus include:
- Presentations by world-class experts from life science and health research institutions and industries. Presentations about past results from space and expected innovations. Topics covered will include microgravity as a tool for improving pre-clinical models, space as a new environment for regenerative medicine, optimized protein and small molecules crystallization in space, disease modelling and new tools for drug discovery, DNA damage, gene expression and more.
- Presentation of New Space Capabilities Presentations by state-of-the art space systems providers about the coming change of paradigm to access space and re-enter from space, as well as perform in-space manufacturing of biopharma materials and related developments.
- Panels on the technological, economic, commercial, and societal consequences of the new space revolution for the biopharma sector
- An exhibit of advanced technologies and systems, offered worldwide to serve the needs of these emerging space applications
- Organized B2B networking and social events: to maximize the return of this event for participants several social events will be organized with keynote speakers.
- Virbac Spain: 40 years of commitment to animal health
- Business Landing Nice Côte d’Azur: Support for business set up in France
- Nice will host Hospital-University Institute dedicated to respiratory health
- Cosmetopôle Provence-Côte d’Azur Meeting: Technology Serving Sustainability
- Virbac acquires its distributor in the Czech Republic and Slovakia to strengthen its presence in Central Europe
- Bpifrance Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur supported 5,426 companies in 2022
- Team Nice Côte d’Azur will participate in the EU Startups Summit 2023
- Horus Pharma is continuing its European expansion with the opening of its subsidiary in the Nordic countries.
- French Tech Côte d’Azur presents the selected Côte d’Azur startups for the 2023 edition of the Scale Up Excellence program.
- The Jean-Louis Noisiez Heart Institute will be inaugurated in 2027