The 2nd edition of the “SophIA Summit” will take place from 20-22 November in Sophia Antipolis
Following the success of the first “SophIA Summit”, Sophia Antipolis is renewing this international event in 2019. In line with the “3IA Côte d’Azur” (Interdisciplinary Institute for Artificial Intelligence), the summit celebrates innovation in the AI field and is at the crossroads of Research and Business.
From November 20th – 22nd, renowned international AI experts including academicians, industrial players and startup representatives will come together to discuss about the four main themes linked to the scientific program of the “3IA Côte d’Azur” through conferences and round tables:
- AI Fundamentals
- AI and Health
- AI and Biology
- AI and Smart Territoires / Smart Vehicles
The summit will also explore other transverse themes which fuel and disrupt current AI-related discussions. Such themes involve ethical issues and challenges linked to the use of AI in companies.
Among the expected international AI specialists :
- Lyse Langlois – Laval University, Quebec, Scientific Director of the OISSIAN (International Observatory on societal impacts of AI and the Digital Technology), Director of the Institute of Research in Ethics, Researcher at the Interuniversity Research Center on Globalization and Work
- Benoît Lamarche – Laval University, Quebec, Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences
- Michael Tangermann – University of Freiburg, Department of Computer Science
- Claude Le Pape – VP Technology Portfolio and Partnerships – Optimization and Analytics Domain Leader at Schneider Electric
- Emmanuel Bacry – Scientific Director of the “Health Data Hub” project at the French Ministry of Health
- Niloy Mitra – University College London, Professor of Geometry Processing in the Department of Computer Science
- Marco Gori – Università degli Studi di Siena, Department of Information Engineering and Mathematical
To introduce the “SophIA Summit” and provide insights on job opportunities in the AI field, two side events will take place on Tuesday, November 19th. The goal is to provide professionals and students wishing to specialize in the digital field an immersion experience through:
- Master classes focusing on AI, and run by Telecom Valley
- An “AI Job and Training Fair”, supported by the University of Côte d’Azur (“Université Nice Côte d’Azur – UCA”). This forum will gather local academic institutions and companies specializing in this field. Involved participants will introduce the main AI-related career opportunities and training courses available in the region.
Benefit from preferential rates by registering now to the “SophIA Summit 2019”:
- Early Bird : Full 3-Days Pass (until 08/31) : 250€
- Early Bird: Full 3-Days Pass for Local Partners* (until 08/31): 120€
- Full 3-Days Pass for Students (fixed rate): 50€
*The preferential rate “local partners” is reserved for UCA members, employees of companies which are member of Telecom Valley, SCS cluster, and Sophia Club Entreprises, as well as for partners of Team Côte d’Azur. For further information, please contact email@example.com
- Find all information and updates about the “SophIA Summit 2019” here: http://sophia-summit.fr/
- To register for the event: https://www.weezevent.com/sophia-summit-2019
Organizers and Partners
The “SophIA Summit 2019” is sponsored by the “Communauté d’Agglomération Sophia Antipolis“, the University of Côte d’Azur (UCA), and the Alpes-Maritimes Department.
The steering committee also involves Sophia Club Entreprises, Team Côte d’Azur and Telecom Valley.